Medical Alarm Shopping Advice
There are now countless anecdotes of lives being saved by medical alarms and personal emergency response systems or medical alert systems. These anecdotes come from health care professionals, attendants, children and grandchildren, as well as patients. If you can afford the monthly fee for a medical alarm, there is no better way to find peace of mind.
If you are wondering whether you really need to purchase one of these products, ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I certain that my loved one has the resources to handle any and all situations that can arise any given day?
- Are there other people around who check in on my loved one on a regular basis?
- Will my loved one be able and willing to call for help, should a serious problem or accident occur?
If you answer "no" to any of these questions, you may want to strongly consider the benefits of these wonderful technologies.
Of course, a negative of these products is that they may cause children to overestimate the independence of their parents. It should never be forgotten that the health of anyone is affected by how much love and attention they receive from others.
However, if used as part of a larger health care plan, these systems have many benefits.
- Allow patients (or your parents or grandparents) to remain at home safely
- Give them greater independence coupled with increased security
- Provide peace of mind for you and your patients or your family
- Improve outcomes of incidents by providing speedier intervention and aid
- Keep you informed of changes in your patient's or family member's condition
- Reduce the likelihood of institutionalization
- Postpone the need for expensive nursing home care
We also urge you to check our other pages on: